Looking for a Bursary? don’t worry here is the way the For Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary 2022. Another exciting chance to apply for this opportunity of an Academic life.
the For Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary is up for grabs again this year as Well, if you have ever had in mind to apply to any Bursary in 2022, For Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary, this is the time.
Before you go hurrying off to drop an application, make sure that you’re qualified for the Bursary you selected. Once you’re sure of this, you proceed to table your resume.
Therefore Saldanha Bay Municipality Bursary is meant for both South African and International students that need assistance in their education. the Bursary covers both undergraduate and graduates degrees. Therefore, if you are a student looking to further your education at the undergraduate or Master’s level, this vacancy is for you.
Ida Manana Siyila Scholarship Bursary Details
ABOUT THE IDA MANANA SIYILA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The University of the Free State, is inviting students to apply for the Ida Manana Siyila Scholarship, for 2022 academic year.
The scholarship is open to female students, who intend on pursuing degree studies at the University of the Free State, in ANY field of study. Students with exceptional academic records and involvement in community service or leadership should apply.
MORE ABOUT THE IDA MANANA SIYILA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWAL & SELECTION
The scholarship will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, books, residence or accommodation fees, and meals.
The scholarship will be awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and is renewable each year on condition that the bursar passes a minimum of 80% of their modules each year. The scholarship will be available for the minimum duration of time to complete the Bachelors Degree qualification (3 to 4 years), but will not exceed 6 years.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview and successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application. The selection committee is made up of 7 representatives from the UFS, who will review applications based on: personality and character, academic achievement, as well as leadership and service.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE IDA MANANA SIYILA SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be female
- You must be from a previously disadvantaged background
- You must have completed Matric in 2021, in the Free State Province
- You must have been accepted to study towards a Bachelors Degree qualification at the University of the Free State, in 2022
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a Bachelor level pass, with an UFS Admission Point (AP-score) of at least 36
- You must have been involved in community service or leadership during your school career
- You must have a total household income of LESS than R600 000 per year (before tax) – this includes ALL incomes (salary, grant, pension, etc) (not older than 3 months
- You must NOT be eligible for NSFAS funding
How to Apply Ida Manana Siyila Scholarship Bursary 2022
Download and complete the Ida Manana Siyila Scholarship Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Note: the application form must be filled in on your computer, in Microsoft Word or pdf document (i.e. not filled in by hand).
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at the University of the Free State, for 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (3 months recent bank statements payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
- Documents of your orphaned or emancipated status, if applicable (certified copy)
- Proof of address
- Personal statement (maximum 3 pages, in Times New Roman font, 12 point), that follow these guidelines:
- 1. Brief description of yourself, including your education achievements and how you meet the scholarship criteria
- 2. Details about how you are personally and actively involved in your academic program
- 3. What you have learned about leadership and community service
- 4. Values that are most precious to you and which values you think will help you at university
- 5. How and why you selected your field/ course of study and what research have you conducted to ensure this course suits your personality and strength
- 6. Goals and ambitions you have for the future
Note: all documents must be saved and compiled into 1 single pdf document.
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
University of the Free State
The Student Financial Aid office
CLOSING DATE FOR THE IDA MANANA SIYILA SCHOLARSHIP
24 February 2022 (at 17:00).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the University of the Free State directly:
Tel: 051 401 2207