Looking for a Bursary? don’t worry here is the way the For Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022. Another exciting chance to apply for this opportunity of an Academic life.
the For Funza Lushaka Bursary is up for grabs again this year as Well, if you have ever had in mind to apply to any Bursary in 2022, For Funza Lushaka Bursary, this is the time.
Before you go hurrying off to drop an application, make sure that you’re qualified for the Bursary you selected. Once you’re sure of this, you proceed to table your resume.
Therefore Funza Lushaka Bursary is meant for both South African and International students that need assistance in their education. the Bursary covers both undergraduate and graduates degrees. Therefore, if you are a student looking to further your education at the undergraduate or Master’s level, this vacancy is for you.
For Funza Lushaka Bursary Details
ABOUT THE FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Department of Education in South Africa, are inviting students to apply for the prestigious Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme, for the 2022 academic year.
Each year, students who are studying to become teachers, are invited to apply for the bursary. The Funza Lushaka Bursary will fund 2 types of qualifications (which must include subjects that will allow the student to specialize as a teacher in a minimum of 2 priority subject areas):
Undergraduate studies: a 4-year Bachelor of Education degree (BEd), which specializes in any of the following: Foundation Phase (Grade R to Grade 3), Intermediate Phase (Grade 4 to Grade 6), or Senior and Further Education and Training Teaching (Grade 7 to Grade 12).
Graduate studies: a 1-year Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) for graduates pursuing degrees with two priority subjects (1 module or course must have been completed or studied at 3rd-year level, 1 priority subject must have been completed or studied at 2nd-year level)
Only the PGCE for Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching (SPFET) (Grade 7 to Grade 12) will be funded.
MORE ABOUT THE FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, RENEWAL & SERVICE CONTRACT
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, books, study materials, accommodation, meals, teaching practice, and an allowance for general living expenses, if available and capped at a certain amount.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and students are required to reapply for funding each year. Renewal of the bursary is NOT guaranteed but is dependent on students’ academic performance.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to teach at a public school (selected by the Provincial Education Department (PED)) – the service contract duration will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have a valid South African ID number
- You must be 30 years old or younger if applying for the first time
- You must have been accepted to study towards a BEd degree or PGCE program, specializing in at least 2 of the priority subject areas (extended programs are not covered)
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognized tertiary institution in South African
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must be willing to teach at any school, as selected by the Provincial Education Department (PED)
- You must NOT be a Higher Education Institution employee (or a spouse, dependent, or child of a Higher Education Institution employee)
- You must be committed and passionate about a career in teaching, including having an interest in working with youth; enthusiasm for teaching; and be willing and ready to face challenges with integrity
- You must NOT have any other teaching qualifications
- You must have a clear criminal record
- You must NOT have any charges of misconduct or have been dismissed from work
First-time university entrants must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have achieved a Matric exemption, endorsement, or bachelor’s degree admission
- You must have achieved a minimum of level 4 in Matric for 2 subjects you intend on specializing to teach
- Students who will specialize in Foundation Phase: you must have achieved a minimum level 2 pass for Mathematics OR or level 4 pass for Mathematical Literacy in Matric, AND a minimum of level 4 for your Home Language
- Students who will specialize in Intermediate Phase: you must have achieved a minimum level 2 pass for Mathematics OR or level 4 pass for Mathematical Literacy in Matric, AND a minimum of level 4 for your Home Language
- Students who will specialize in teaching Technology subjects (including CAT), who did not pass these subjects in Matric: you must have achieved a minimum level 4 for Mathematics or Technical Mathematics in Matric
Note: if the tertiary institution’s entry requirements are higher than the bursary requirement, or vice versa, the higher requirement will apply
New students currently at university must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have passed all subjects in last year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 55%, for all subjects studied in the last year of tertiary study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 66.5% for subjects related to the teaching area of specialization in last year of tertiary study
New students enrolling for PGCE must also meet the following criteria:
- You must have completed a qualification that allows admission into the PGCE program
- You must be studying towards the PGCE for Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching (SPFET) (Grade 7 to Grade 12)
- You must have 2 priority subjects with 1 module successfully completed at third-year level, and 1 module successfully completed at second-year level
- You must have sufficient modules in the priority subjects in order to qualify to teach it as a subject at school
How to Apply For Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
To apply for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2022 studies, candidates must closely follow these steps:
1) Visit the e-Government Portal website
2) Register an account by filling in your required personal details
3) Login using your selected username and password
4) Select the “Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme” on the e-Services Menu
5) Insert the OTP you received
6) Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
7) Click on the “2022 application” button on the dashboard
8) Fill in the required information
9) Read and accept the declaration to confirm your information
Please note: applications must ONLY be done online – NO hard copy applications will be accepted.
APPLICATION NOTES FOR THE FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
- Students must read the Funza Lushaka Bursary Information before applying
- Students must have a valid student number when applying (this will be received after you have been accepted or provisionally accepted at university)
- Ensure that your information submitted is correct – you will be able to access your online application to make any changes before submission
- Ensure that your priority subject areas on your application for are the ones you will specialise in
- Academic year of study means the level you are studying (B Ed 1 is 1st year, B Ed 2 is 2nd year etc)
- You are not allowed to change institutions after applying for the bursary
- Applying for the bursary does NOT automatically guarantee you will receive it
- Supporting documents must be submitted to your university’s Funza Lushaka office
CLOSING DATE FOR THE FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
Re-applications (existing or returning bursary recipients): 29 November 2021.
New applications: 1 February 2022.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact your University Funza Lushaka academic and administrative co-ordinators directly:
Alternatively, you may contact the Department of Basic Education here:
Tel: 012 357 3000